Alumilite is sold by weight, This kit includes 40 pounds (18.14 kg) each of A and B, approximately 10 gallons of mixed resin
Alumilite Clear is a premium clear casting resin preferred by professional blank makers around the world! This resin was specially formulated with the woodworker's needs in mind including:
- Resilience (less brittle than other resin types frequently used) so that your finished pieces don't crack if accidentally dropped
- High polishability to achieve that high gloss many demand
- High machinability which make your finished blanks easy to turn on a lathe, cut, route, or shape on a belt sander
- Low shrinkage which makes Alumilite Clear the preferred resin for Worthless Wood** (wood and resin) castings
- Optical clarity for those times you need a clear casting which also means your dyed castings will remain true to color
- Very low odor so that your entire shop does not stink like when using other resins!
Alumilite Clear has a 7min open time and pressure casting is recommended to achieve bubble free results.
Alumilite Clear must be mixed 1:1 by weight NOT VOLUME. Off ratio mixing may produce hazy or frosted parts.
Recommended for industrial use only. B side may thicken and need to be warmed before use.
**This is the casting resin I originally discovered when looking for a better solution when developing the "worthless wood" casting technique (wood and resin hybrid) as well as for casting other embedded items such as pine cones, banksia pods, cactus, etc. This is what I personally use for all of my blank casting.