TurnTex Woodworks is a small, full time family business located in Central Texas and the primary source of income for a family of three and one employee. My name is Curtis O. Seebeck, otherwise known as "MesquiteMan" on most internet forums and I am the owner. I take extreme pride in my workmanship and believe that nothing but the best quality, customer service, and support will suffice and believe in treating my customers with respect, better than I would expect to be treated.
TurnTex Woodworks is the leading authority and a pioneer in the field of stabilizing and casting and has been at the forefront of this industry with the following innovations:
- Cactus Juice Stabilizing Solutions - The first to offer affordable DIY stabilizing resin and dedicated vacuum chambers for all types of stabilizing needs.
- Alumilite Casting Resin - The first to start using Alumilite Casting Resins for woodturning and helped make it a mainstream casting product.
- Alumilite Clear Casting Resin - This formulation of Alumilite Casting Resin is based on my needs and feedback to the owner of The Alumilite Corporation. I did all of the initial testing to develop the current product including testing 7 different versions until the properties that are important to woodworkers were achieved.
- Worthless Wood - Otherwise commonly referred to as hybrid blanks, is the technique of casting wood and resin combinations to form a unique, hybrid blank. This technique was originally created by me in 2006 and shared with the woodturning community through an article I wrote entitled "Worthless Wood - Salvaging Otherwise Worthless Wood with Pressure Casting". This technique has been used by thousands of craftspeople around the world since that original article.
- Original Cactus Blank™ - I was the first to cast prickly pear cactus in Alumilite Resin to create unique blanks for penturning, knife making, and other uses.
In addition to innovation, I am very active and interested in teaching stabilizing and casting around the country. I have taught hundreds of people from around the world in my shop as well as at numerous clubs, schools, and symposiums including:
- Southwest Association of Woodturners annual symposium as a regional demonstrator
- Utah Woodturning Association annual symposium two years in a row
- Craft Supplies USA annual Super Wednesday in Provo, UT two years in a row
- Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
- Guadalupe Valley Forge Hammer In
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking
- Midwest Penturners Gathering
- Mid Atlantic Penturners Gathering
- Gulf Coast Woodturners Association
- Central Texas Woodturners Association
- Alamo Woodturners Association
- Swampland Tackle's Annual Rodbuilders Gathering in the Swamp (2017)